Blue Manta 9 days / 8 nights
Komodo, Komba Volcano, Alor / Alor, Komba Volcano, Komodo
An exhilarating and breathtaking dive cruise. We saw Mantas and sharks on all of the Komodo-Alor trips. Some of the divers were fortunate enough to dive with dolphins and mola molas. Spot nudis, frogfish, seashorses, pigmy seashorses, pipefish and more too. Also includes muck diving and wreck diving at a Japanese wreck in Maumere.
(schedules are subjected to changes according to the weather and sea conditions)
Day 1. (2 dives) 13:00-15:00 hours in Labuan Bajo or Alor Airport. Our staff will pick you and transfer to Blue Manta . check dive and follow by night dive. 5.00pm,
Day 2. (4 dives) South Komodo; Manta Alley , Cannibal Rock, Topedo Alley
Day 3 (4 dives) North Komodo;. Castle Rock, Crystal Rock, Shot Gun, Gili Lawa. Pinnacles, drift dives full of action with hunting fish; jacks & sharks!
Day 4. (4 dives) Crossing and diving to Alor
Day 5. (4 dives) Pulau Komba Volcano diving and obeservation of live volcano eruption.
Day 6. (4 dives) Alor Diving
Day 7. (4 dives) Alor Diving
Day 8. (2 dives) Alor Diving
Day 9. (0 dives) 8.00am; check out after breakfast, farewells, and transfer to airport / hotel in time for Check-in & flight. Take your pre-booked flight to Bali
Diving days: 8 days (26 dives)
Dive Site Information and how to fly to Alor
Comming from Jakarta, Surabaya or Denpasar (Bali) you reach Alor via Kupang (West Timor). Kupang is approached by different airline companies (Garuda, Lion Air and Sriwijaya Air) daily.
TransNusa and Wings Air offers daily flights from Kupang to Alor.
Water Temp; South 22-26 degrees Celsius, North & Central 26-28 degrees Celsius
- Visibility; 20-40 meters,
- Air Temp; 25-30 degrees Celsius
- Level; intermediate to advanced,
- Best Time to Dive; start of May to end of October
- Round trip transfer Hotel/Airport – Blue Manta - Hotel/Airport in Labuan Bajo or Alor
- All nights' accommodation on Blue Manta,
- All meals (Western & Indonesian) snacks, hot beverages, coffee, tea, Milo, soft drinks
- Towel, toiletries, cabin services, warm towel & drink after every dive
- Tanks, weight belt, 5 dive guides (1x Instructor, 4x Dive Master)
- 24 hour Satellite email
- Laundry services
- All flights & hotels stay
- Marine park & harbour fee
- Dive & travel insurance
- Massage services
- Alcohol, wine, beer
- Dive Gear*; subject to availability (only 3mm shorty wetsuits available), dive computer, torch, 15L tank rental,
- Nitrox refills US10 per day
Blue Manta Trip Schedule
- Departure; 1-3 pm, 1st Day – Labuan Bajo or Alor
- Return; 7am, Last Day – Bajo Port, Labuan Bajo, Western Flores or Alor After breakfast, we will transfer you to the Airport (LBJ) in time for Check-in & flight or local hotel.
- Last dive ends; 12pm, Penultimate Day, followed by a walk on the wild side in search of Komodo dragons, then sail back to Bajo Port for late evening. This allows for your minimum 18 hours surface interval/ No Fly Time (as recommended by PADI) before flying next day.
Blue Manta Notes
- Domestic Flights; please book BEFORE confirming your International flights to ensure you make your connection to & from Bali. You will need to catch a return flight from Bali, Denpasar (DPS) Airport and Labuan Bajo (LBJ) or Apor. It is strongly recommended that you stay 1 night in Bali to avoid missing your connecting Domestic flights from DPS to LBJ.
- Domestic Schedule; please check the current schedule before booking your local flights as schedules are as schedules are subject change. Our ticketing agents are not responsible for any flight delay or cancellation, luggage lost or delay. In any case, please contact our ground staff in Bali for assistance for flight delay issue.
- Most Domestic airlines do not allow non-Indo credit card online payments. If you cannot book direct we have a local Indonesian travel agent, who are reliable and efficient and can help you with all flight & hotel needs. Their details on request. If booked with credit card please ensure the card is with you upon Check In or have an official Airline form filled in & signed by card holder authorizing the use of.
- Luggage Allowance; most airlines allow 10-20kg/pax check, & 7kg carryon. Additional weight is charged per/kilo (around US$2/kilo). Maximum allowance between 20-30kg. Please consult with our Travel Agent or Airline carrier (if booking directly) for actual details.
- Visa Exemption or Visa on Arrival (VoA); many countries now receive a free 30 days on arrival, some pay USD35 to obtain VoA, others will have to obtain Visa BEFORE Arrival.
- Passport; ensure your passport is in good order, has enough pages, is valid for at least 6 months, and that you are able to enter Indonesia. Check with your local Indonesia Embassy if unsure.
- Departure Tax; Indonesia Passenger Service Charge (IPSC) has changed (Mar-2015) to be included in your flight ticket price. Please check though as previously it was 200,000IDRp to leave Indonesia, & up to 75,000IDRp for Domestic flights. Carry small bills, Indonesia Rupiah preferred, as often no change given.
- Exposure Suit; recommended to bring your own 5mm long semi-dry, rash-vest & hood for Southern Komodo cooler waters (between 22-26 degrees Celsius)
- Dive Insurance is compulsory for this trip. We also strongly advise you get adequate travel insurance. Please check your travel insurance policy for your diving needs. If not covered them we recommend DAN (Divers Alert Network) or their Asia Pacific branch
- Credit card; due to the very unreliable connections we are NO longer able to take ANY credit card
payments on this trip. Please bring enough CASH to pay for any Trip Extras. We accept US Dollars, Euro, Singaporean dollars, Indonesian Rupiah. Please ensure ALL bills are in good order; NOT worn or torn and unmarked or we are UNABLE to accept. Exchange rates differ for USD100/50 bills and USD20/10 bills. Current Exchange rate ATMs are available in town.
- Fuel Surcharge - At this moment, there is no fuel surcharge. However, fuel surcharge may apply without prior notice at US$100-US$150 maximum per guest for the whole cruise
- Marine Park & Harbour fee; US$160 per person.
- Massage US$30/ hour, beer US$4
- Rates per item per diving day:
- Dive Computer, Torch US$12
- Large Tank US$12
- Nitrox Fills: US$10 per day