Komodo White Manta Itinerary
Blue Manta Komodo Itinerary 7 Days / 6 nights
Day 1. (1-2 dives) 8am -10am - Domestic flight from Bali (DPS) to Labuan Bajo (LBJ). Flight time around 1 hour (remember our local agent can help you to book). Arrive LBJ, register in National Park office to pay park & harbour fee. Check in Manta, Welcome & Briefing follow by late lunch. Central Komodo (water Temp 26-28 deg). Check dive at Pulau Sabayor Mini Wall, followed by sunset or night dive.
Day 2. (4 dives) North Komodo (water temp 26-28 deg); Crystal Rock, Castle Rock, Tatawa Island, Makassar Reef (Manta Point), optional night dive.
Day 3. (4 dives) South Komodo (water temp 22-26 deg); Manta Alley, Cannibal Rock, Crinoid Canyon, Torpedo Point, & Yellow wall
Day 4. (4 dives) South Komodo, Padar Island; one of our favourite regions in the park with some stunning and diverse dive sites such as 3 Sisters and Pillarsteen.
Day 5. (4 dives) North Komodo, some of the most spectacular dive sites in Komodo.
Day 6. (2 dives) North Komodo, Batu Bolong, Makassa Reef . This is followed by a walk on the wide side in search of Komodo Dragons, and trekking on one of the local Islands, then back on board to wash gear relax as we sail towards Labuan Bajo
Day 7. (0 dives) 7am; check out after breakfast, farewells, and transfer to airport. Take your pre-booked flight from Labuan Bajo to Bali.
Diving days: 6 days (20 dives)
Price Include: twin share accommodation onboard, 5 meals a day, normal tanks and weight belt, dive guide (4 to 1), all bedding , towels, outdoor towel, soft drink, hot berverges, snacks, airport /hotel transfer, daily cabin services , complementary 24 hours satellite wiifi
Price exclude: hotel stay before or after trip, flight, diving gear other than normal tank and weight belt, transfer more then 5km, massage services (US30/hour) , beer (US4) , wine (US40) , Nespresso coffee (US2), Big tank 15 lit (US12 per day) , Nitrox (US10 per day). Port /Park fee (US180)
Flight from / to Bali : Garuda air, Lion air , Nam air (sriwijaya air) . Please arrive morning on deperture if possible to have more dives on Day 1. Deparure flight after trip can be anytime on final day.
Gear Rental: full Gear US50 per day (include BCD, reg, shorty wer suit, fins, mask, torch , divecom)
Embarkation / Disembarkation
Bajo Port, Labuan Bajo (LBJ), Western Flores
Dive Site Information
- Water Temp; South 22-26 degrees Celsius, North & Central 26-28 degrees Celsius
- Visibility; 20-40 meters,
- Air Temp; 25-30 degrees Celsius
- Level; intermediate to advanced,
- Best Time to Dive; start of May to end of October
- Round trip transfer Hotel/Airport - Manta - Hotel/Airport in Labuan Bajo.
- All nights' accommodation on Manta,
- All meals (Western & Indonesian) snacks, hot beverages, coffee, tea, Milo,
- Towel, toiletries, cabin services, warm towel & drink after every dive
- Tanks, weight belt, 4 dive guides (1x Instructor, 3x Dive Master)
- All flights & hotels stay
- Marine park & harbour fee
- Dive & travel insurance
- Massage services
- Soft drinks, alcohol, Nespresso coffee,
- Dive Gear*; subject to availability (only 3mm shorty wetsuits available), dive computer, torch, 15L tank rental,
- Nitrox (EANx32) only USD10/ diving day, subect to availability.
- Departure; 12pm, 1st Day – Bajo Port, Labuan Bajo, Western Flores. Or earlier if everyone arrives before and all Trip Preparations have been completed. Free transfer from Airport or local hotel to Bajo Port (15 mins) on Trip Departure day.
- Return; 5am, Last Day – Bajo Port, Labuan Bajo, Western Flores. After breakfast, we wil transfer you to the Airport (LBJ) in time for Check-in & flight or local hotel.
- Last dive ends; 12pm, Penultimate Day, followed by a walk on the wild side in search of Komodo dragons, then sail back to Bajo Port for late evening. This allows for your minimum 18 hours surface interval/ No Fly Time (as recommended by PADI) before flying next day.
- Domestic Flights; please book BEFORE confirming your International flights to ensure you make your connection to & from Bali. You will need to catch a return flight from Bali, Denpasar (DPS) Airport and Labuan Bajo (LBJ). It is strongly recommended that you stay 1 night in Bali to avoid missing your connecting Domestic flights from DPS to LBJ.
- Domestic Schedule; please check the current schedule before booking your local flights as schedules are as schedules are subject change. Our ticketing agents are not responsible for any flight delay or cancellation, luggage lost or delay. In any case, please contact our ground staff in Bali for assistance for flight delay issue.
- Most Domestic airlines do not allow non-Indo credit card online payments. If you cannot book direct we have a local Indonesian travel agent, who are reliable and efficient and can help you with all flight & hotel needs. Their details on request. If booked with credit card please ensure the card is with you upon Check In or have an official Airline form filled in & signed by card holder authorizing the use of.
- Luggage Allowance; most airlines allow 10-20kg/pax check, & 7kg carryon. Additional weight is charged per/kilo (around US$3/kilo). Maximum allowance between 20-30kg. Please consult with our Travel Agent or Airline carrier (if booking directly) for actual details.
- Visa Exemption or Visa on Arrival (VoA); many countries now receive a free 30 days on arrival, some pay USD35 to obtain VoA, others will have to obtain Visa BEFORE Arrival.
- Passport; ensure your passport is in good order, has enough pages, is valid for at least 6 months, and that you are able to enter Indonesia. Check with your local Indonesia Embassy if unsure.
- Departure Tax; Indonesia Passenger Service Charge (IPSC) has changed (Mar-2015) to be included in your flight ticket price. Please check ithough as previously it was 200,000IDRp to leave Indonesia, & up to 75,000IDRp for Domestic flights. Carry small bills, Indonesia Rupiah preferred, as often no change given.
- Exposure Suit; recommended to bring your own 5mm long semi-dry, rash-vest & hood for Southern Komodo cooler waters (between 22-26 degrees Celsius)
- Dive Insurance is compulsory for this trip. We also strongly advise you get adequate travel insurance. Please check your travel insurance policy for your diving needs. If not covered them we recommend DAN (Divers Alert Network) or their Asia Pacific branch
- Credit card; due to the very unreliable connections we are NO longer able to take ANY credit card
payments on this trip. Please bring enough CASH to pay for any Trip Extras. We accept US Dollars, Euro, Singaporean dollars, Indonesian Rupiah. Please ensure ALL bills are in good order; NOT worn or torn and unmarked or we are UNABLE to accept. Exchange rates differ for USD100/50 bills and USD20/10 bills. Current Exchange rate ATMs are available in town.
- Marine Park & Harbour fee; US$180 per person.
- Massage US$30/ hour, soft drinks US$2, beer US$4, Nespresso coffee US$2
Rates per item per diving day:
- BCD, Regulator US$12
- Dive Computer, Torch US$12
- Wetsuit US$8
- Fins, Mask US$5
- Large Tank US$12