Komodo-Java Sea-Makassar & Makassar-Java Sea-Komodo
Makassar-Java Sea-Komodo 11 Days, 10 Nights
The World Heritage listed Komodo National Park is one of the most iconic diving destinations in Indonesia. Its popularity grows exponentially with every passing season and keeps guests coming back for more with it’s unique blend of adrenaline pumping current fuelled dives, stunning coral reefs, beautiful scenery and of course the world’s largest lizard, the Komodo Dragon. Whether you love big fish or are a macro enthusiast, Komodo truly has something for everyone, Manta, shark, turtles, eagle ray and even dolphins can be spotted in crystal clear blue waters of the North, while all manner of macro megastars can be spotted in the cooler, nutrient rich waters of the Southern areas of the park.
- (schedules are subjected to changes according to the weather and sea conditions)
Day 1. (0-1 dives) 3pm. Our staff will meet you in Makassar Airport and transfer you to Blue Manta. Depending on arrival time, we can do check dive at Lighthouse if vis is Ok. Sail over night to Palau Sabalana.
Day 2. (4 dives) Dive around the thriving reefs of the Volcanic Island of Sangeang, at Hot Rocks & Deep Purple before heading to Gili Banta for an afternoon & Night dive.
Day 3. (4 dives) North Komodo; Tatawa Besar & Kecil, Batu Bolong, Wainilu. Tons of Anthias, Napoleon wrasse, sharks, & much more. Great night dive at Wainilu.
Day 4. (4 dives) North Komodo; Tatawa Besar & Kecil, Batu Bolong, Wainilu. Tons of Anthias, Napoleon wrasse, sharks, & much more. Great night dive at Wainilu.
Day 5. (4 Dives) North Komodo; Gili Lawa Laut and Gili Lawa Darat provide some of the best action diving in the region, sharks, mantas, even dolphins, get ready for a day of action!
Day 6. (4 dives) North Komodo; Castle Rock, Crystal Rock, Shot Gun, Gili Lawa. Pinnacles, drift dives full of action with hunting fish; jacks & sharks!
Day 7. (4 dives) South Komodo, Padar Island; one of our favourite regions in the park with some stunning and diverse dive sites such as 3 Sisters and Pillarsteen.
Day 8. (4 dives) South Komodo; Nusa Kode; Cannibal Rock, Yellow Wall, Torpedo Alley, Crinoid Crack. Macro; nudibranchs, octopus, frogfish, pigmy seahorses, & more.
Day 9. (3 dives) South Komodo; Manta Alley or Makassar Reef to fly with mantas. This is followed by a walk on the wide side in search of Komodo Dragons, and trekking on one of the local Islands.
Day 10. (2 dives) South or North depending on conditions and marine life, highlight dives can be repeated or new sites explored! Then back on board to wash gear, relax as we sail towards Labuan Bajo, where you spend last night on Blue Manta in Bajo Port.
Day 11. (0 dives) 6am; check out after breakfast, farewells, and transfer to airport in time for Check-in & flight. Take your pre-booked flight from Labuan Bajo to Bali.
Diving days: 9 days (30 dives)
Embarkation / Disembarkation
- Makassar (UPG) / Labuan Bajo (LBJ), Western Flores
How to get to Makassar (UPG), aka Ujung Padang
- Daily flights from Bali with Lion Air , from Jakarta with Garuda Indonesia or Sriwijaya Air, from Manado with Lion Air or Garuda Indonesia.
- International flights direct from Singapore (Mon, Thu) with Garuda Indonesia.
How to get from Labuan Bajo (LBJ), Western Flores
- Daily flight with Lion Air , Kal Star, Garuda Indonesia, Sriwijaya Air (Nam Air), or TransNusa
- On Trip Return if you have connecting International flights home, please allow enough time between your Domestic flight landing.
- Departure; 3pm, 1st Day -Makassar. Or earlier if everyone arrives before and all Trip Preparations have been completed. Free transfer (30 mins) from local hotel or Sultan Hasanuddin Airport, Makassar to Blue Manta on Trip Departure day.
- Return; 6am, Last Day - Bajo Port, Labuan Bajo, Western Flores. After we give you a breakfast and after farewells take you to local hotel or Komodo Airport in time for Check-in & flight (transfer 15 mins). Latest Blue Manta Check-out, midday.
- Last dive ends; 12pm, Penultimate Day, followed by a walk on the wild side in search of Komodo dragons, then sail back to Bajo Port for late evening. This allows for your minimum 18 hours surface interval/ No Fly Time (as recommended by PADI) before flying next day.
Dive Site Information
- Water Temp: South 22-26 degrees Celsius, North & Central 26-28 degrees Celsius
- Air Temp: 25-30 degrees Celsius
- Visibility: 20-40 meters
- Current; medium to strong
- Level: intermediate to advanced
- Best Time to Dive: start of May to end of October
- Round trip transfer local Hotel/Airport - Boat
- All nights' accommodation on Boat
- All meals (Western & Indonesian) snacks, hot beverages, coffee, tea, Milo, soft drinks
- Towels, toiletries, cabin services, & laundry services
- Satellite Wi-Fi
- FOC replacement if equipment breakdown
- Warm towel & drink after every dive
- Regular Air Tanks, weights, belt, 5 dive guides (1 x Instructor, 4 x Dive Master)
- 24 hour Satellite email
- All flights & hotels stay
- Marine Park & Harbour fee
- Dive & Travel insurance
- Massage services
- Soft drinks, alcohol, Nespresso coffee
- Diving gear; BCD, regulator, wetsuit (only 3mm shorty wetsuits available), fins, mask, dive computer, torch, 15L tank rental. Note; Diving Gear Items priced per diving day and are subject to availability.
- Nitrox refills EANx32, subject to availability
Blue Manta Reminders
- Please book BEFORE confirming your International flights to ensure you make your connection to & from start & end ports.
- Most Domestic airlines do not allow non-Indo credit card online payments. If you cannot book direct we have a local Indonesian travel agent, who are reliable and efficient and can help you with all flight & hotel needs. Their details on request. If booked with credit card please ensure the card is with you upon Check In or have an official Airline form filled in & signed by card holder authorizing the use of.
- Our ticketing agents are not responsible for any flight delay or cancellation, luggage lost or delay. In any case, please contact our ground staff in Bali for assistance for flight delay issue.
- Early Arrivals; we can help recommend local hotels where we can pick you up on Trip Departure day. If needed transfers can be arranged for a nominal fee. Day of trip all included.
- Luggage Allowance; most airlines allow 10-20kg/pax check, & 7kg carryon. Additional weight is charged per/kilo (USD2-3/kilo). Maximum allowance between 20-30kg. Check the link for more details and additional flight info. Consult with our Travel Agent or Airline carrier (if booking directly) for actual details.
- Visa Exemption or Visa on Arrival (VoA); many countries now receive a free 30 days on arrival, some pay USD35 to obtain VoA, others will have to obtain Visa BEFORE Arrival.
- Passport; ensure your passport is in good order, has enough pages, is valid for at least 6 months, and that you are able to enter Indonesia. Check with your local Indonesia Embassy if unsure.
- Departure Tax; Indonesia Passenger Service Charge (IPSC) has changed (Mar-2015) to be included in your flight ticket price. Please check though as previously it was 200,000IDRp to leave Indonesia, & up to 75,000IDRp for Domestic flights. Carry small bills, Indonesia Rupiah preferred, as often no change given.
Health & Insurance
- Dive Insurance; compulsory for this trip. We also strongly advise you get adequate travel insurance. Please check your travel insurance policy for your diving needs. If not covered them we recommend DAN (Divers Alert Network) or their Asia Pacific branch.
- Dive Computer; compulsory on this trip. We have rentals onboard if you do not have.
- Follow Safe Diving Practices at ALL times plus No Deco Diving and No Solo Diving.
- Travel Insurance; please NOTE: we cannot be held accountable for airline flight changes, delays, or cancellations. We STRONGLY advise you take out adequate insurance to cover such eventualities. We recommend World Nomad for their flexible worldwide cover for travel insurance.
- Satellite Wi-Fi
- Mobile signal; local Telkomsel is best local card to buy. Not long after you leave port we have has intermittent/ limited mobile signal until we return.
- Telkomsel simpati bsim card is the best and cost only 3usd. Plus credit to add on top!!!
Trip Extras payment onboard
- By Credit card comes with 4.5% additional handling fee.
- By Cash we accept US Dollars, Euro, Singaporean Dollars, and Indonesian Rupiah. Please ensure ALL bills are in good order; NOT worn or torn and unmarked or we are UNABLE to accept. Exchange rates differ for USD100/50 bills and USD20/10 bills. Current Exchange rate. ATMs available in town.
- Fuel Surcharge; NO fuel surcharge in place at this time but may be implemented to account for any wide fluctuations.
- Marine Park & Harbour fee; US$180 per person.
- Massage US$30/ hour,
- Nespresso coffee: US$2, beer US$4, wine US$30-50
- Nitrox Fill; US$10/ diving day
Rates per item per diving day:
- BCD, Regulator US$12
- Dive Computer, Torch US$12
- Wetsuit US$8
- Fins, Mask US$5
- Large Tank US$12